Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some new cards for boys

I've decided that making cards for boys and men is actually a lot more difficult that I thought it was. You can't use all the pretty sparkly stuff in your stash, and pretty much make use of buttons and threads. I was asked to make a baby boy card and a birthday card for a 2 year old boy.
A lot of scratching around and thought, I came up with these 2 cards - both using a MelJen's image (giraffe and lion) that could be used for a new baby, or a small child.

Using mainly blue with a little bit of orange, I've made up this card. I used 2 flowers, cut in half, and tied blue ribbon across the card, and through a blue button. I've raised the matted giraffe with foam tape. You can't really see it in the picture, but I've glittered the hair of the giraffe (down his back). Faux stitching around the giraffe, and three bling gem stones finish it off.










For the next one, I've coloured the lion using oranges and chose some bright patterned paper for the background. I've matched the PP in the the blue card and darker blue matting. I've used a matching die cut shape and border and done faux stitching around the die cut. Stuck brown pearls along the border. 2 patterned ribbon and buttons complete the card.
The lion has been raised with foam tape, and his mane, paws and tail glittered (I can't resist!).









I'll share another 2 (more boy-ish) cards tomorrow.

Take care
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message