Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Morning

It's Monday morning. My plan was to make a pile of cards over the weekend. Well, just as I guessed, that did not happen. Not that I wasn't busy - I spent a good part of the weekend digitizing some images for the Digistamps 4 Joy website. It's always good seeing the new images go online. And there's some wonderful new images.
Anyway, I hope to share some new cards soon - so much to do...

I've got no craft projects to share, so I'll share this with you. I'm sure you'll relate...

A Craftaholic’s Prayer

Dear Lord,

I’m going to need some notice
Before my days are done.
You see, I’m a craftaholic.
A fact not known to some.
My craft room, it is bulging
All corners, crannies and nooks
There's loads of boxes under the bed,
I hope no one ever looks
I tell myself when shopping,
“No more craft bits today,”
But the craft shops are like magnets
Drawing me their way.
I’m totally at their mercy
Just "need" a dozen of each.
Then I hurry home to hide them
Before the family starts to preach.
So Lord, I’ll need a little time
To dispose of all this stuff.
And Lord, can we just keep all of this,
Between the two of us

Another 2 I had to share - especially for the card makers...

Reasons for being a card maker

1) It helps keep the economy going. It is one's duty to support card craft manufacturers, timber/paper mills, craft shops and internet sites.
2) It is less expensive and more fun that psychiatric care.
3) It's participation in a contest- The one who dies with the most unused peel offs, toppers etc, wins.
4) Craft bits keep without refrigeration, you don't have to cook them to enjoy them, you never have to feed them, change them, wipe their noses or walk them.
5) It's not immoral, illegal, or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes one feel good.
6) It makes good use of your imag-e-nation


Sound familiar?
1.I will not stuff craft supplies in every corner of my house
2.I will not keep 9 projects going at one time
3.I will not pick up more buttons,lace or fabric when I have a ton at home
4.I will not let my crafting area look like a condemned area.
5.I will not relegate the kitchen table to crafts.
6.I will not attend craft shows just to get more ideas.
7.I will not stock up on more craft supplies just because they are on sale.
8.I will not go off on a tangent when anyone mentions that little word 'import'
9.I will not let my crafting distract me from fixing dinner.
10.I will not stay up all night crafting.
11.I will not save dryer lint,empty cereal boxes,detergent scoops etc.
12.I will not buy every craft magazine I see.
13.I will not make promises I cannot keep...see you at a craft show

Hee hee. That's me... I've broken each and every rule above.

Till later

Mel

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these, thanks so much for sharing Mel. Such a good read. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO When did you come into my soace and eavesdrop?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message