Saturday, September 18, 2010

21st Birthday Cards

It's my cousin's 21st birthday party tonight, so I needed to make 2 cards - one from my parents and one from myself and my family.
I felt they would need to be very different, so I made the card from myself in my usual-type style.


I used a colour combo of pink and yello, with a fair amount of layering. The image is a Kenny K image coloured with watercolour pencils.

In the bottom right corner I made a flower arrangement, and of course, lots of flat backed pearls and a few flower shaped sequins for extra sparkle.

The card I made from my parents, I felt I needed to make something very special. I made a tri-fold shutter card, and used the cuttlebug to cut out the butterflies and flowers.

I used a stencil from Scrapbooking-Scrapbook and flat backed pearls on the front of the card and decorated the rest of the card using colour-co-ordinated patterned paper and cardstock.
I designed a new sentiment which I'll be adding to the Digistamps 4 Joy store soon.
Hope she'll like her cards, but I'm sure she will.
Till next time (which should be soon - I've got another 2 "21st" birthday cards to make...).

Mel

3 comments:

  1. Super cards Mel! Especially like the tri-fold shutter card. Stunning, and I know your recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards Mel. Wow, your folks are going to love their card and your cousin too... enjoy the evening. Love your sentiment. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Mel, .... but do i expect anything less? I am sure your cousin will be over the moon cos those cards are something really special. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message