Friday, December 3, 2010

Patties Creations Challenge #7

Wow, challenge #7 already!!
This week's week's challenge is "a recipe". For the Recipe, you must have a ribbon and at least 3 embellishments. Use 3 embellies either the same or different from each other.

For more info please visit Patties Creations Challenge Blog.

I used Holiday Reindeer, which can be found here.

My 3 embellishments are the flowers. To jazz it up a little I used some stamens behind the flowers. I liked the contrast of the striped paper against the red paper. I also liked how the striped paper almost mimicked the scarf around the reindeer's neck. I just stuck a simple white ribbon with red stitching along the bottom half of the card. I tried a few variations - this worked best.

My image is coloured in watercolour pencils, blended with spirits. I stuck the reindeer on a white scalloped cut-out (edges chalked in chestnut roan).


I stuck red dewdrops in the centre of each flower - don't they look yummy - almost good enough to each (but I wouldn't recommend it...).

Hope to see your entry in our latest challenge, and please visit Patties store - there's a lot of new images there, including stuffed toys, birds (parrots & cardinals & doves), as well as some other gorgeous images, including dragonflies and flowers. Most of the new images are only $2 each!

I know I'll be getting a few, but which ones?

See you soon, and have a fantastic day.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh Mel, I just love your DT inspiration!!! Love the way you colored my Holiday Reindeer. He looks sooo cute!

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message