Monday, August 23, 2010

Funky Kate for Caitlin


It's my niece's 13th birthday this coming weekend.
So I decided to make a typical teen card for her. I wanted it to have a little bit of a gothic look, while still very feminine. I'm happy with the result.
I used Funky Kate from Digstamps 4 Joy, and coloured the image with watercolour pencils and white spirits.

I've used a black cardboard cut-out border along the side, and put grey flat-backed pearls along the border. I used a black scalloped oval cardboard cut-out behind the image and also used grey pearls in each scallop. I tied a pretty ribbon to also form part of the border.


I used a large red rose and 2 leaves at the bottom of the oval scallop cut-out and used the numbers 1 and 3 to create 13 from gel stickers.

I found a fantastic poem - so suitable for a new teen and printed that for the inside. I used a fancy border punch on the corners and stuck the poem inside the card.

I hope she likes it, but I'm sure she will.
Thanks for visiting.
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message