Friday, March 11, 2011

Go Green

Today's challenge at Pattie's Challenge is to use Green for St Patricks Day.

I chose to use the 3 birdhouses and coloured them with my trusty pencils and spirits in shades of green. I added a little orange to give some colour.

I decided to make a Joy Fold card (I taught them last weekend non-stop, so you'd think I'd have had enough of them, but as my friend Jen said - I could put the card together with my eyes closed, in my sleep - LOL, probably!).
(can you see my thumb? I had to hold it closed, as it kept popping open as I tried to take the pic)

I used mostly greens for the background papers, but needed to break the colours too, so I decided to bring in some orange again. I found a perfect off-cut of corrugated board in my pack of off-cuts.
Just a few little embellishments and I really like the result.

The open view
Thanks for visiting, and I'll "see" you again soon.

x Mel x

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mel, I love this Joy Fold Card! The colors are so vibrant and I love the way you colored my Birdhouses image, Great job!

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mel! You used pencils to color? Awesome coloring on the birdhouses. Gorgeous finished card too!

    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message