Friday, October 8, 2010

Patties Creations First Challenge


Welcome to Pattie's Creations first challenge. This is my first DT creation for Pattie's - the challenge - "Anything Goes".
Wow - free reign to do what you want.
I chose an image of Pattieboop ice-skating. I did a stair-step card and kept my colours girly and icy... The snow on the mountain caps is white flower soft, and I used feathers from a boa to "frame" the main image. The ice-skates was a freebie from the CDAC group (50 members) and the sentiment is part of a sentiment from Digistamps 4 Joy.
Pattieboop and the ice-skates are coloured in watercolour pencils, blended with spirits.

Here's a slightly different view of the card. Just to add a bit of "something", I used some offcuts of patterned paper.

Here you can see a close-up of the glitter on the dress and the flower soft of the mountain tops. You can just spot a glimpse of the feather.

The ice-skates with ribbon (freebie) was matted on a round scalloped die-cut. I stuck rhinestones around the edges. The border along the bottom "step" is also a die-cut, and I used silver rhinestones in the centres of the flower cut-outs. I tied a narrow chiffon ribbon on the bottom step and a broader ribbon on the middle step.

I was a little worried about the amount of bling etc I was using (and I DO LOVE my bling), but it didn't seem too much at all. Just perfect!

From
Mel

4 comments:

  1. Wow Mel, this is beautiful! I love how you added the flower soft and the white feather boa. The glitter really stands out too. Thanks for being on my Design Team.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card xxxx Glad to be on the DT with you xx Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel, you are right, this is Just Perfect! That closeup really shows the glitter well. I love this creation and am so happy that you are part of my team!

    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. I especilly love the bling and snow on the top.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message