Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fairytales Layout



This layout was done for a challenge at in2crafts, in the scrapbooking group. The challenge was as follows: "make a page lay-out with any theme in the range of a fairytale..............anyway you see it........can be from a story book or just everyday life, but what you see as a fairytale...........
Some rules: the following items MUST be used!!!!!
Brads, Flowers, Tags, Your own wording of story, Borders, Lots of sparkle
and that is all the rules!!!!!"
So this was my interpretation. It's using pictures from my childhood.
I used ribbon to thread through beads and buttons. Sewed some buttons directly onto the page.
Added a lot of layering with papers and tags, and used some of my stencils.

5 comments:

  1. Got the news yesterday that me and my friend Joan Visser were both voted the winners of this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Melanie. Thanks for popping around to blog. So pleased it inspired you to start one of your own. I look forward to seeing more creations from you. Welcome to blogland and this crazy, but wonderful crafty world of ours. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland. Found you through Sharon's blog. Love your LO. Where in Benoni are you? I am in Boksburg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tersia. Thank you for joining me. I'm in Northmead in Benoni. I'm following your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mel, you need to put your email addy on your blog honey so that I can email you. Thanks for the comment on my blog re the teddy card. The stamp can be purchased online through Belles n Whistles. If you want further info, email me from your email address and we can chat. Take care, hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message