Saturday, September 11, 2010

Swirls & Pearls & Pins


This card is being finished a little close to cut-off time. So not a long blog post, gotta get it posted. I've been a little "under the weather" the last few days, and was settling in to finish off this card when my boyfriend, Terence, decided he felt like going out for seafood. So we went out just for a little while, had a good meal. But of course I still needed to finish the card. So I've just finished it (and even had to help set the glitter with the hairdryer... hehe). Lighting is bad, because it's now late evening so I took the picture in unnatural light - but it was the best I could do.
The Kenny K image is coloured with watercolour pencils. I've used a Scrapbooking-Scrapbook stencil for the pearl swirls, and the flowers from my stash.


I've put in 2 pearl heart pins and one round along with some stamens.


A little glitter finished it off.
All cardstock and paper is from my stash.

I'm entering this card for:
Kenny K - Pearls and Swirls
Wild Orchid Challenge - Pearls & Pins
and lastly, but certainly not least, Patties Creations are looking for a new DT, so I decided, what the heck, give it a bash, so this is the card I'll enter for the design team call.

That's all for now. I'm going to go lie in bed and watch some TV and get some much needed rest.

Mel

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Mel... This is fantastic! I love the way you colored your image. Thanks for entering my DT call at Pattie's Creations Challenge. Good Luck.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at the KKKG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card came out kool - I love the colors you chose and the stick pins really work well with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo !!! I just went on to Kenny K's blog, and I got 2nd place (Random.org) so I get to choose 2 digi's of my choice. Now to decide. Hmmmm that's not going to be easy to choose just 2...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mel, great card and congratulations!!!!! A feather in your cap for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel this is darling! What a beautiful card hun! Your image is colored beautifully and LOVE the pearl swirls!! Stunning work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation,
    love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone, for their lovely comments. I loved making this card.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a message